High Performance Buildings
The heart of the system is a plant-fabricated panels made of a conventional steel frame. The careful installation of
insulating materials, as well as doors and windows, in ideal plant conditions results in a superior thermal resistance
for the Murox system, compared to conventional construction methods. It also eliminates the problems associated
with fitting doors and windows on site.
The structure (columns, girts and bracings) is integrated in the panel, thereby eliminating any obstacles along the
walls. The load on the foundation is equally distributed, thus reducing the cost of formwork and concrete. The Murox
system simplifies site management and supervision by reducing the number of trades needed on site. The same team
handles the erection of both the steel structure and Murox panels. The easy installation accelerates the pace of work,
allowing the owner to occupy the building sooner.
For example, a 25000ft² (2322.6m²) building can be erected in approximately one week by a team of
four qualified people. This is about 30% faster than conventional systems. No other system is as rapid or economical
as Murox when it comes to building expansion. Extensions are remarkably simple since the wall panels can be
unbolted and moved to their new destination in record time. Even panels with pedestrian or garage doors can
be relocated easily.
- Curtain walls have a standard width of 10' and a maximum height of 45'.
- Factory assembled walls will reduce your field construction costs as well as assure you of a superior product.
- All doors, windows and other accessories are factory installed, ensuring you of a quality fit.
- Factory installed insulation, vapor barrier and wind breaker.
- Panels are reusable for future expansions.